I’m very pleased to offer this incredible opportunity:
FOUR 1930s lighting fixtures by the famous Moe-Bridges Company!
This listing includes:
ONE 5-shade chandelier!
ONE 3-shade chandelier!
(The sconces are not yet restored)
The set is ideal for, say, a living room and adjacent dining room, or living room and adjacent foyer. Of course, I can also envision the set in your newly renovated kitchen!
The fixtures have really beautiful pearl-colored glass shades with a subtle iridescent finish, and lovely filigree brass bands at top. Gorgeous!
Under each shade is a single glass sphere. I love it!
On the chandeliers, the upper stems have a thick glass donut, and above that is a stunning brass flourish. Yum!
Weaving up through the original chains is new cloth-covered wiring. Nice.
The canopies (the cup against the ceiling) are also original. They are very simple, but the shape is a perfect complement to the fixtures (the eye should notice the chandelier and not the canopy). The sconces retain their original mounting buttons, too.
The chandeliers retain their original creamy finish. There are small brass components, too.
ABOUT THE RESTORATION SCHEDULE:
The sconces are not yet restored. This will take a week after payment is received, and I will ship the whole set at such time
They sure don’t make ‘em like this anymore.
While today we look at such fixtures as being very period, very 1930s, in their day they were simply modern. Fresh. These are the kinds of fixtures that would have been popular with home owners in the late 1930s and 1940s, no matter the style of their home. The set would have looked equally well with dashing Moderne furnishings (which few people actually owned, Hollywood notwithstanding), or, say, Colonial-Revival (the most popular style of the era).
Wholly restored, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs.
- The finial on the 3-shade is also an on/off switch. Cool. The finial switch on the 5-shade is broken so I disconnected it.
- See above.
- The 5-shade chandelier hangs down about 24-1/2-inches and is 16-inches wide. I can remove up to 6-inches of chain. I can add chain.
- The 3-shade chandelier hangs down about 24-1/2-inches and is 13-inches wide. I can remove up to 6-inches of chain. I can add chain.
- The sconces are 11-inches high (including the glass finials). They project 6-1/22-inches. The shades are 5-1/2-inches wide.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The shades are undamaged.
- The Bakelite sockets and wiring are new.
- The finish on the chandeliers is, as mentioned, original and only required minor touching-up. There is a subtle (and I mean subtle) mottling to the finish and very small bits of loss. I doubt you’ll notice.
- The finish on the sconces will be renewed.
- The five glass spheres on the 5-bulb are original. All the other spheres are replacements.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!