I’m very pleased to offer this extraordinary opportunity:
FIVE brass 1930s Colonial-Revival sconces by the amazing Chase Brass Company!
This listing is for FIVE matching fixtures.
Chase Brass produced incredible lighting and house wares, and their work is highly collectable today (hence, the spate of books on their work).
The sconces appear in a lavish 1934 Chase catalog, and named: The Bennington.
That the sconces retain their original glass shades (“attractively decorated with frosted bands”) is miraculous.
Indeed, the set also retains the original mounting buttons, finish (“antique brass”), and candle covers. Wow.
With new wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The fixtures are 13-inches high, 1-0inches wide, and they project almost 6-inches. NOTE: The circular part of the back-plate which covers the electrical box is 3-5/8-inches wide.
- The only issue is that one shade has a vertical crack. However, if you turn this to the wall you cannot see it.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring and paper insulators.
- The candle covers are original. Their tops were worn, so I turned them upside-down! Better!
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!