I’m very pleased to offer this rare a striking 1930s pendant by the famous Porcelier Company!
For many decades, Porcelier made some of the finest lighting fixtures and house wares (they closed in the 1950s). There’s a book on their work:
Collector’s Guide to Porcelier China
By Susan E. Grindberg
The fixture is rare, and this is only the second time I have ever offered it. It has a stunning custard glass shade featuring, I believe, birds of paradise. Wow! The bottom of the shade has a wonderful stepped design, and there are thin orange rings. Nice. The fitter and ceiling canopy are porcelain, and have thin brown lines. Yep, wow. Wow!
The shade, porcelain components, and chain are all original to each other. Even the mounting nuts are original!
I have not rewired yet but will use lovely new cloth-covered wiring.
Porcelier offered numerous fixtures in this same style, although the fixture listed here is the only version with a glass shade. I have some of these fixtures listed (including a set with a custard shade pendant such as the one listed here). Some are in storage, but if you want additional fixtures just let me know!
For a long time I’ve had a dream. One day (cue dramatic music) a buyer will contact me. They, too, love love love Porcelier, and wonder if their whole house could be filled with nothing but Porcelier fixtures. I gasp! And reply: Why yes! Please just click here: PORCELIER
Wholly restored and with a new socket and wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts one standard base 75W bulb.
- Custard shade. Thin orange lines. Colorful birds and flowers. Off-white porcelain with thin brown lines.
- The fixture hangs down 25-1/2-inches and is 6-inches wide. I can remove up to 6-inches of chain; I can add chain. The ceiling mount is 4-3/4-inches wide. The fitter is 4-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The porcelain socket and wiring are new.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!