I’m very pleased to offer this incredible and rare opportunity:
FOUR matching 1930s porcelain fixtures by the famous Porcelier Company!
For many decades, Porcelier made some of the finest lighting fixtures and house wares (they closed in the 1950s). There’s a book on their work:
Collector’s Guide to Porcelier China
By Susan E. Grindberg
This set includes:
ONE surface-mounted 2-bulb!
ONE surface-mounted 1-bulb (can be used on wall or ceiling)!
TWO matching wall sconces!
If you used the set in your bathroom, the 2-bulb would go on the ceiling in the center of the room. The sconces would go on each side of the sink mirror, with the 1-bulb above the mirror (which gives a nice, even light).
This set was also used in bedrooms.
The fixtures feature a particularly lovely sweeping design, and vivid, dynamic flowers. I sell a lot of Porcelier, and they had nothing else quite like this set.
The sconces and 1-bulb have pull-chains. These almost never work, although they do on this set. However, I strongly urge that the fixtures be controlled by a wall switch(s) as I can offer no guarantee on the pull-chains.
Normally, I have in stock more fixtures of this Porcelier pattern. So, if you need more, just email me to check stock.
For a long time I’ve had a dream. One day (cue dramatic music) a buyer will contact me. They, too, love love love Porcelier, and wonder if their whole house could be filled with nothing but Porcelier fixtures. I gasp! And reply: Why yes! Please just click here: PORCELIER
Wholly restored, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The bulbs are not included.
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs.
- Each sconce has an electrical out at its bottom. While these have been newly wired, I don’t recommend their use in a bathroom, as a modern GFI outlet is code in most places.
- All the mounting buttons are replacements.
- Off-white porcelain. Dusky teal leaves. Pinky and blue flowers.
- The 2-bulb is 3-inches high (without bulbs), and 11- x 6-inches wide.
- The 1-bulb is 3-inches high (without bulb) and 6-inch wide.
- The sconces are 7-inches high (without pull-chain), 4-1/2-inches wide, and they project 5-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- There are subtle manufacturing irregularities. This is normal for Porcelier. This means small tonal irregularities in the glazing, and small bits of color under the glazing (like a little blue mark next to a blue flower).
- The porcelain sockets are original with new wiring.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!