I’m very pleased to offer this pair of 1930s sconces by Lightolier!
This listing is for TWO matching fixtures.
Beginning in the 1920s, and for many decades thereafter, the Lightolier Company (extant today of course) made some of the very finest fixtures. Their designs were always simply dazzling, and the quality was the very very very best. When you restore vintage lights such as I do, these aspects are so obvious they tend to jump out. It’s always a particular pleasure restoring a Lightolier!
The sconces are mostly cast metal, and with a gold polychrome finish.
The original catalog image (of the 1-arm version) shows a half shade. Such shades are available online (Google: wall sconce half shade).
The sconces are ideal for a Colonial-Revival home, Four Square, or bungalow.
Wholly restored and with new sockets and wiring, this pair is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
- The mounting buttons are replacements.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The sconces are 8-1/4-inches high (without bulbs), 6-1/2-inches wide, and they project 3-1/2-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets and wiring are new.
- The cardboard candle covers are new.
- The polychrome is in excellent vintage condition.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!