I’m very pleased to offer this extraordinary opportunity:
THREE highly expressive late 1940s ceiling fixtures by Globe Lighting of Brooklyn!
This listing includes:
TWO matching surface-mounted ceiling fixtures!
All three fixtures have whopper shades: 16-inches wide!
The chandelier is 18-high, and is ideal for over a dining table. The two surface-mounted fixtures are but 7-inches tall – ideal for, say, an adjacent living room, family room, and/or bedroom. Of course, you could also these glamorous fixtures in your new spa bathroom!
The shades are a knock-out, too! They are pink! A nice soft pink. They feature a dazzling and highly stylized design that rotates around the shade. I just love looking at them. I also love how totally period the fixtures are. They are wonderfully evocative of the era.
The shades have a pebbly texture to their outer surface and this is especially striking when lighted.
Please also note the original finials and all-important mounting rings just above. It’s the small details that make all the difference!
The canopies on the surface-mounted fixtures are also distinctive, with concentric lines and four closely spaced sockets. The canopy for the chandelier is also original.
The fixtures each accept a brilliant 240W!
[modal id=”1019″ style=plain color=default size=default]Read more about the 1940s.[/modal]
Wholly restored and with new sockets and wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures each accept four standard base 60W bulbs.
- What looks like brass is, I believe, a brass-like finish. This has been polished but not lacquered.
- The two surface-mounted fixtures are by Globe, as noted. The chandelier though has a Homart label. I’ve no explanation for this historical anomaly. I do however love curious historical anomalies.
- Pale pink. Brass. Deep gold canopy on the surface-mounted fixtures.
- See above.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The porcelain sockets and wiring are new.
- The surface-mounted canopies had a brass-like finish that was worn off. I renewed this with a deep gold burnished finish.
- The brass-like finish on the chandelier is slightly mottled. This is not readily obvious (it reads more as reflections than anything).
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!