I’m very pleased to offer this delicious 1940s chandelier by Virden!
The stem is a beautiful piece of red-colored glass, with wheel-cut leaves and grapes!
The glass shades also feature wheel-cut leaves and grapes!
A glass sphere finial hangs from smaller glass spheres. Fabulous!
The fixture is ideal for a medium-sized room (or smaller). It is 18-inches wide. It is 27-long.
Note also the original chain and ceiling canopy.
The vertical wiring is new, and cloth-covered like the original. Nice.
With all new wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts standard base 60W bulbs (not included). Appliance-size bulbs are ideal. You can also use LED bulbs.
- The brass has been polished.
- One shade is slightly taller than the others. I only noticed when I had the shades on my worktable after washing them.
COLOR: Brass. Red.
SIZE: See above. Also, I can remove up to 5-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage to the glass.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring.
- Just under the red glass is a scalloped-edged brass cup. This has several subtle stress cracks. See images. The ceiling canopy also has small stress cracks at its edge. None of this is obvious under normal viewing.
- The original chain is steel with a brass-like finish. This finish is worn.
- The glass finial spheres are new, and match the lost originals.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!