If you love the Hollywood-Regency style – and, well, who doesn’t? – then you’ll love this quite astonishing circa-1955 fountain chandelier!
I’ve never seen anything like it!
The fixture is not large, nor petite. It would be ideal for a smaller dining room, larger foyer, or average size bedroom. Perhaps, too, in your new spa bathroom!
The chandelier features twelve long strands of glass spheres ending with a pear-shaped glass drop. There are three more short strands hanging off each arm. I love it!
There’s also a nice faceted glass finial sphere.
There are three candles, with a delicate glass bobeche under.
The fixture has a wonderful ‘50s quality. With glamour.
Wholly restored, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts candelabra base 60W bulbs.
- Most of the metal components are brass. I polished much of this but left some with a patina. Since the images were taken I polished the whole fixture. It just didn’t look right with some polished/some not. I assume you’ll agree.
- Brass. Glass.
- The fixture hangs down about 27-inches and is 12-inches wide. I can remove up to 7-inches of chain. I can add chain.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original, as is their wiring (protected by the tube arms). All are in fine condition. The vertical wire is new, and cloth covered like the original.
- Most of the glass drops are original. There were four glass spheres missing on the long strands. I replaced these with identical spheres. The three short strands are total replacements. The new spheres have brass pins; these are now bright (as opposed to the original pins which are dark with patina); they will darken with time.
- I replaced all the pins at the very top of each strand (the originals were fragile, and of different lengths).
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!