1970s Strass crystal chandelier. Distinctive details.
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this glittering 1970s brass and glass 5-arm chandelier by Thomas!
Chandeliers such as this were wildly popular during the 1960s and 1970s. I rarely buy them – unless they have distinctive, oh-I-love-that kinds of detail. This chandelier has three:
1) The center features a dazzlingly molded glass vase. Wow.
2) Most such chandeliers have pear-shaped drops. This chandelier features strands of octagon glass beads which elegantly swag around the fixture.
3) The glass strands are by Strass, and are 30% lead crystal.
4) The arms, quite extraordinarily, fold up! I assume this was done to help ease with shipping.
The fixture was likely made in Spain, and is brass.
This fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts candelabra base 60W bulbs.
- The ceiling canopy is a replacement. It is of the period, and exactly the type/style which would have been used originally. It is marked SPAIN.
- Brass. Glass.
- The fixture hangs down about 26-inches and is 20-inches wide. I can remove up to 6-1/2-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets and their wiring are original (and in fine shape) with new paper insulators.
- The candle covers are new.
- Most of the glass strands were intact when I purchased the chandelier. The replacements strands are also by Strass, and also 30% lead crystal, but have different pins.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!