I’m very pleased to offer this stunning 5-arm circa-1950 Colonial-style brass and crystal chandelier!
To find such a fixture with all its original glass shades in situ is quite rare. And what shades they are! They are thicker glass than one normally finds, and each has lovely grape and vine designs cut (not frosted) into the glass. I also love the distinctive shape of each shade; they have an unusual squat quality I find appealing.
Under each shade are ten colonial-style drops. The center stem has ten additional drops. Soooo beautiful.
The metal components are brass, and this retains its original protective lacquer.
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
DETAILS: The fixture accepts standard base 60W bulbs.
COLOR: Brass. Glass.
SIZE: The fixture hangs down about 36-inches and is 19-inches wide. I can remove up to 18-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- The only issue is minor. Several of the brass shade fitters have very thin cracks. There are also tiny stress cracks to the small rolled edge of the ceiling mount.
- The shades are undamaged. Remarkable.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring.
- I suspect that the chain is a replacement.
- Where air has gotten under the lacquer finish, the brass has developed a patina. I call these age spots, and there are a few.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!