I’m very pleased to offer this astonishing 1920s 6-arm strap-style chandelier!
This type fixture is called strap-style because it’s arms are flat metal bars, like belt straps. What I love about such fixtures is how curvaceous they are. Just lovely to look at. The style was very popular in the 1920s and 1930s, and used in a variety of home styles including bungalows, Arts & Crafts, Spanish-Revival, Colonial-Revival, and Four-squares.
This is one of the finest strap-style chandeliers I have ever offered. It is simply incredible, and rich with detail. There is an outer ring of leaves and berries. Breathtaking. Wow. Wow! The candles sprout from acanthus leaf clusters. The upper stem is also luscious. Wow!
Amber glass drops offer an additional complement to the artistic composition.
The chandelier retains its original polychrome. The main color is black, and with gold as a secondary color. There are accents of red.
The chandelier is of a very high quality, and was made, I believe, by Lion Electric.
So, if you have been looking for a truly rare and extraordinary chandelier, then this beauty may be ideal.
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
DETAILS: The fixture accepts standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The fixture hangs down about 40-inches and is 18-inches wide. I can remove up to 2-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring and paper insulators.
- The candle covers are new.
- The original chain was corroded (this is common). The new chain precisely matches the original in terms of scale and shape.
- The chain loop (just above the chain) is new.
- The polychrome only needed some minor touching up.
- The amber glass drops are new. That the chandelier had such drops is evidenced by the tell-tale mounting holes. I selected amber as this was the default color in the 1920s.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!