I’m very pleased to offer this extraordinary mid-century modern chandelier by the incomparable Lightolier Company!
Beginning in the 1920s, and for many decades thereafter, the Lightolier Company (extant today of course) made some of the very finest fixtures. Their designs were always simply dazzling, and the quality was the very very very best. When you restore vintage lights such as I do, these aspects are so obvious they tend to jump out. It’s always a particular pleasure restoring a Lightolier!
INTERESTED IN MORE FIXTURES BY LIGHTOLIER?
Please click here:
I mean, wow. Wow!
This is the first time I have offered this rare Lightolier.
The chandelier is large, a whopping 27-inches wide.
There are eight candle sockets. Under each is a colorful glass dish – red, blue, yellow, and gray. Two of each color. Stunning.
In the center is a ninth bulb, and this has its own switch – the finial. Cool.
Another striking feature? Eight brass “ribbons”. Also just stunning.
The chandelier retains all its original components, including the chain and ceiling canopy.
The chandelier is not actually restored yet. This will take up to three weeks after payment is received.
This fixture will be shipped ready to hang, and with all the mounting hardware needed!
DETAILS: The fixture accepts candelabra base 60W bulbs. The center socket accepts a standard base 60W bulb.
COLOR: Most of the fixture is black. There are eight colorful glass bobeches (described above). There are brass ribbons and other accents. The center vase is silver.
SIZE: See above. As well, the fixture hangs down about 40-inches. I can remove up to 12-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets and their wiring (always enclosed) are original (and in fine shape) with new paper insulators. The exposed vertical wire is new and cloth-covered like the original.
- The cardboard candle covers are new.
- The edges of the glass bobeches are slightly rough. This is clearly how they were manufactured.
- The finishes are original. The black has subtle bits of loss and wear. The brass has been polished; there are small age spots.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!