I’m very pleased to offer FOUR matching fixtures by the famous Porcelier Company!
This listing includes:
- ONE 2-bulb ceiling fixture!
- ONE 1-bulb fixture!
- TWO sconces!
For many decades, Porcelier made some of the finest lighting fixtures and house wares (they closed in the 1950s).
There’s a book on their work:
Collector’s Guide to Porcelier China
By Susan E. Grindberg
It’s so hard finding sets like this! I love the large-scale flowers!
The set is ideal for a bathroom, powder room, kitchen, or small bedroom. If you used the set in, say, your bathroom, the 2-bulb would be for the ceiling, the 1-bulb over the bathroom mirror, and the sconces on each side of the mirror.
The 1-bulb can be used either as a wall sconce, or ceiling-mounted fixture (see images).
On the 2- and 1-bulb, note the original Porcelier porcelain socket rings (sooooo distinctive).
The sconces have pull-chains. These almost never work, although they do on this set. However, I strongly urge that the sconces be controlled by a wall switch as I can offer no guarantee on the pull-chains.
For a long time I’ve had a dream. One day (cue dramatic music) a buyer will contact me. They, too, love love love Porcelier, and wonder if their whole house could be filled with nothing but Porcelier fixtures. I gasp! And reply: Why yes! Please just click here: PORCELIER
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- In the 2-bulb I used 60W appliance-size, standard-base clear bulbs. In the 1-bulb and sconces I used a standard-size, standard-base clear bulbs.
- The sconces have electrical outlets at the very bottom. As these are not modern GFI safety outlets, I deactivated them.
COLOR: The main bodies are a creamy white. The flowers are a soft pink and blue, with dusty greenish leaves (sorta a teal color).
- The 2-bulb hangs down about 4-1/2-inches and is 11 x 6-inches wide.
- The 1-bulb is 3-inches high (without bulb), and about 6-inches wide.
- The sconces are 7-1/4-inches high, 4-1/4-inches wide, and they project 4-1/2-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original with new wiring.
- There are subtle manufacturing irregularities. This is normal.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!