1920s polychrome 2-arm sconces FOUR
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer FOUR 1920s strap-style 2-arm sconces!
This listing is for four matching 2-arm sconces.
Sconces of this style are called strap-style because the arms are flat metal bars, like belt straps. What I love about such fixtures is how curvaceous they are. Just lovely to look at. The style was very popular in the 1920s and 1930s, and used in a variety of home styles including bungalows, Arts & Crafts, Spanish-Revival, Colonial-Revival, and Four-squares.
The sconces retain their original polychrome. The basic color is hard to describe, but is coppery in tone. There are subtle ruby accents.
The sconces abound with lovely details.
The back-plates are cast-iron, so the sconces have a nice heft about them.
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Sadly, the period-correct, hand-painted bulbs are not included. Happily, I will let you know where to get them. Any flame-type bulb will also look well.
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs.
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
- The mounting buttons are replacements.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The sconces are 12-inches high, 9-wide, and they project 4-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring and paper insulators.
- The candle covers are new.
- The polychrome is, as noted, original and only required minor touching up.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!