1950s Hollywood-Regency ONE chandelier TWO sconces
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this extraordinary opportunity:
A matched set of three 1950s Mid-Century Hollywood-Regency Italian-made lighting fixtures!
This listing is for:
ONE 8-arm chandelier!
TWO matching 4-arm sconces!
Above all I must stress the scale. As is a hallmark for the Hollywood-Regency-style, the fixtures are over-scaled:
The chandelier is imposing at 48-inches high overall, and 25-inches wide.
The pair of sconces are breathtakingly scaled: a whopping 34-inches high, and 23-inches wide. Wow. Wow!
I was so excited at finding such a glamorous and rare set that I drove all the way from Kansas to Chicago to pick the fixtures up.
Again, the fixtures were made in Italy.
The fixtures are brass, and the metal retains its original finish (looking like brass with a patina).
Most of the crystals are clear, but the pear-shaped drops hanging from the bobeches (the glass cups under the candles) are a luscious green. Love it!
The set also features exaggerated acanthus-leaf flourishes.
So, if you have been looking for a truly INCREDIBLE, one-of-a-kind, glittering, and magnificent set, then these stunning fixtures may be ideal.
It just done’t get any better.
Wholly restored, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
DETAILS: The fixtures accepts candelabra base 40W bulbs.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: See above. As well, I can remove up to 7-inches of chain on the chandelier; I can add chain. NOTE: on the sconces, they would mount to an electrical box 10-inches above the bottom of the sconces (with 24-inches being ABOVE the center of the electrical box). The sconces project 12-1/2-inches.
- Several glass bobeches have small chips at their center holes; these cannot be seen. A few bobeches have very small chips to their upper edge.
- A few crystals are chipped; this is very hard to observe.
- Eight green crystals are new. These are slightly different, and a slightly different shade of green. I placed these on the sconces (one on each arm), and close to the wall, making them hard to even see.
- Some mounting pins (holding the crystals together) are new brass. These will darken.
- All the wiring is new. The sockets on the chandelier are original, and in fine shape. I installed new paper insulators. The sockets on the sconces are new.
- The candle covers are new.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!