1930s Art Deco chrome sconces PAIR
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this WOW pair of 1930s chrome and glass sconces by Majestic! Wow!
It just don’t get any better.
The sconces feature three chrome-plated rods which curl up and hold glass spheres. I love it!
The glass bobeches are incredibly expressive, and each holds five glass icicle drops.
The back-plates are also chrome-plated.
The sconces are highly evocative of their era – a pair of Hollywood glamour knock-outs.
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- NOTE: You cannot use a flame-style bulb as it will hit the glass sphere above. You can only use smaller round bulbs as shown. A clear round bulb, available most everywhere, will also look very well.
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
COLOR: Chrome. Glass.
SIZE: The fixtures are 13-inches high. The back-plates are 4-3/4-inches wide. The sconces project 6-1/2-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring and paper insulators.
- The candle covers are new.
- The chrome looks incredible. See images.
- All the glass drops and spheres were missing. I could only take an educated guess as to what they originally looked like. I’m certain that the glass spheres are correct as longer icicle drops would hit the bulbs. The lower icicle drops are the type most common on 1930s sconces.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!