I am pleased to offer this pair of 1930s hanging Moderne-style fixtures by Markel Electric Products of Buffalo!
[modal id=”1135″ style=plain color=default size=default]Read more about the Markel Company.[/modal]
[modal id=”1401″ style=plain color=default size=default]Read more about Moderne.[/modal]
The fixtures can be configured in several ways (see more below).
Each fixture has a beautiful glass shade with fluted sides, and a lovely design the bottom. The glass shades have a metal ring on top, and the effect is dramatic.
A feature that I really like about the set is how they throw light down, and up to the ceiling. Each fixture takes two 100W bulbs.
ABOUT THE RESTORATION SCHEDULE:
This set will take up to two weeks to restore after payment is received.
ABOUT THE FINISH:
As noted, the fixtures are not restored yet. The paint finish (now chipped and partially lost) will be fully renewed in the original color – a soft sorta beige/peach. If I ship chandelier versions, the exposed wire will be new, and cloth-covered like the original.
IS THE STYLE RIGHT FOR YOUR DÉCOR?
While the set is wonderfully Moderne in style, few people in the 1930s or 1940s owned Moderne-style homes (indeed, very few such homes were ever built). Then, as today, most homes are traditional in style, and people would have purchased a set like this because it seemed new and fresh, no matter the style of their home or its furnishings. If you look at old decorating magazines (which I collect), you would see such fixtures in, say, a Cape Cod-style home with traditional furnishings.
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THE FIXTURES CONFIGURED?
1) I can ship both lights as chandelier versions, like the first images.
2) I can do one as a chandelier, and the other as a shorter pendant (see image #6). Such a combination would be ideal, say, for your dining room (the chandelier) and living room (the pendant).
3) I can do a chandelier for your dining room, and a pendant with the metal shade removed for your foyer (see image #7).
4) I can also do both as pendant fixtures, and with or without the metal shades.
DETAILS: Each fixture accepts two standard base 60W bulbs.
COLOR: The shades are an apricot color in several tones. The paint is a pale beige-peach.
- The chandelier version is 27-1/2-inches long. I can remove up to 9-inches of chain. I can add chain. The chandelier is 16-inches wide.
- The pendant version is 12-inches high. It cannot be less. It is 16-inches wide (with metal shade) and 10-inches wide (without metal shade).
- The shades have some chipping to their very upper edges. This is covered by the metal shades.
- The porcelain sockets and wiring will be new.
- The paint will be new, and a close match to the original.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!