1940s crystal sconces by Hobart PAIR
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this PAIR of 1940s sconces by Homart!
This listing is for two matching fixtures.
The sconces are brass, and this has a gorgeous patina.
The delicate glass shades feature sweet frosted designs. Note how the scalloped upper edge of the frosting is mimicked on the outer edge of the back-plates. Nice. I love these kinds of details.
Under each socket is a glass bobeche, and these each hold five crystals drops.
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this pair is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Each fixture accepts one standard base 60W bulb (not included).
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
- The mounting buttons are replacements.
COLOR: See above.
SIZE: The sconces are 11-1/2-inches high overall. The back-plates are 5-inches wide. The sconces project 6-1/2-inches.
- The only issue is minor. The brass cups which the shades sit in have some stress cracks. These are not readily obvious.
- The sockets are original with new wiring.
- The sconces were missing all their crystals when I purchased them, but the tell-tale mounting holes confirmed that crystals once existed. As such, the crystals are new.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!