I’m very pleased to offer this remarkable pair of circa-1970s Hollywood-Regency style wall sconces!
If you love the Hollywood-Regency style – and, well, who doesn’t? – then you’ll be mad for this pair.
The sconces have several extraordinary features:
- They are large! At 13-1/2-inches high they make quite a statement!
- The shades have a delicate filigree design in gold. Really beautiful.
- The fitters are made out of porcelain, and also feature delicate gold filigree designs. Gorgeous!
The sconces are marked Thomas, more commonly known as Moe Light.
[modal id=”819″ style=plain color=default size=default]Read more about the Moe Light Company.[/modal]
Moe Light never did anything like these sconces. I’d love to learn their story.
The porcelain fitters are beautifully made. Really, a pleasure to admire.
I love how the filigree design on the shades is complemented by the filigree design on the porcelain fitters. Nice.
The sconces would normally have been used in a bathroom, but can be used in any room.
I have four more in another listing!
For a long time I’ve had a dream. One day (cue dramatic music) a buyer will contact me. They, too, love love love porcelain, and wonder if their whole house could be filled with nothing but. I gasp! And reply: Why yes! Please just click here: PORCELIER
This pair is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
DETAILS: Each fixture accepts one standard base 60W bulb.
COLOR: White and gold.
SIZE: See above. As well, the back-plates are 4-3/4-inches wide. The shades are 5-inches wide at top. The sconces project 6-1/-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets and wiring seem to be original, and are in excellent condition.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!