1920s silver chandeliers PAIR
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer this extraordinary opportunity:
A matching pair of silver-plated 1920s chandeliers!
This listing is for two chandeliers.
And what chandeliers they be! I have never previously offered chandeliers quite like them:
- The original candle covers are metal, and have a textured faux finish including drips. I also like how they taper. Very cool.
- The covers are “held” in place by aluminum, um, arms.
- There are also aluminum flourishes at the top and bottom of the chandeliers.
- There are six arms, nice, and each holds six amethyst glass drops. These appear to be original. There is an additional drop in the center (these seem to be replacements).
- The pipe stems are covered in cloth cord.
- I also love how the arms sweep down and up.
The chandeliers are an impressive 21-inches wide. They are 33-1/2-inches long (to the bottom of the cloth tassel), and 26-3/4-inches minus the tassel. If you need the fixtures shorter, I can reduce the length of the pipe stem a few inches. If you need them longer please contact me.
I lusted after this exquisite pair for a long time. It was a thrill to at last purchase them. They are so very beautiful; I love just simply staring at them.
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this pair is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
DETAILS: The fixtures accept candelabra base 40W bulbs.
COLOR: Silver. Amethyst glass. Wine tassels.
SIZE: See above.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The chandeliers were rewired just before I acquired them. I again replaced the vertical wire (making it longer, and thus easing with installation). I believe the tassels were added by the previous owner (the chandeliers may well have had tassels originally), the cording on the stems replaced, and the silver repolished. They silver has since acquired a subtle patina; I have not repolished. NOTE: Each day I own the chandeliers the patina will incrementally grow richer. If you purchase the pair, I will send an updated image of the patina. If you would like me to repolish, just let me know.
- The candle covers have faux drips. The ends of numerous drips have broken off.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!