I’m very pleased to offer this truly stunning pair of high-quality classical-style sconces! Ideal for a Colonial-Revival-style home!
The sconces, which I estimate are circa-1920, have a lovely only-time-can-create patina which I but gently polished.
The sconces are mostly cast brass, and thus have a wonderful substantial quality and richness of detail.
The sconces are also nicely scaled. They are an impressive 17-inches high, and 11-inches wide (they are wider with silk shades).
Please note in the images how different the sconces look with/without shades. Please also note that with the shades I show off-white cardboard socket covers. With bare bulbs I show antiqued “candle” style covers. Please let me know which you prefer!
The crystals add an elegant touch without being too much. Nice.
The sconces will mount directly to your wall. I will supply the screws, mounting anchors, and even the correct-sized drill bit. (It will help if you let me know what your wall is made of. Sheetrock? Wood? Plaster on lath?)
While ideal for a Colonial-Revival-style home, I can envision the pair as an exciting counterpoint in a modernist interior.
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Sadly, the period-correct, hand-painted bulbs are not included. Happily, I will let you know where to get them.
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs.
- Sadly, the silk shades are not included. Happily, they are commonly available from in places like Home Depot, Restoration Hardware, and Pottery Barn (the latter two on-line even).
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
- The sconces will cover a modern, rectangular, vertically-mounted electric box.
COLOR: Brass with patina.
- They are an impressive 17-inches high, and 11-inches wide (they are wider with silk shades).
- The sconces project 5-3/4-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets, wiring, and candle covers are new.
- The original crystals were missing. Without question the sconces had crystals, and the new crystals I used were the obvious, classic choice.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!