I’m very pleased to offer this particularly luscious PAIR of 1920s gold polychrome sconces!
This listing is for two matching sconces.
The sconces are made from cast metal (rather than stamped) and this offers a very nice sense of quality and heft. I’m uncertain as to what the metal is. The sconces are heavy.
The finish is a burnished gold polychrome, and with an antique glaze. This finish is original.
Please note the almost Baroque-like quality to the carving in high relief. Just stunning. Indeed, the sconces have a palace-like richness to them.
Each sconce has a pull-chain. The sconces can of course be controlled by a wall switch (assuming your room is wired as such).
In their day, this set would have been used in mansions. Today, I rather like the idea of their being used in a modernist interior as an exciting counterpoint, or in a rustic weekend cabin as a wholly unexpected touch. Wouldn’t they also look lush in a powder room?
Wholly restored and with new wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- Sadly, the period-correct, hand-painted bulbs are not included. Happily, I will let you know where to get them.
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs.
- The sconces are almost 12-inches high.
- They are 4-5/8-inches wide.
- They project 5-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring and paper insulators.
- The candle covers are new.
- The polychrome is original and in excellent condition.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!