1920s set by Markel. ONE chandelier. FOUR sconces
1 in stock
I’m very pleased to offer FIVE circa-1930 fixtures by Markel!
This listing is for five matching fixtures:
ONE 5-bulb chandelier!
FOUR 2-bulb sconces!
[modal id=”1135″ style=plain color=default size=default]Read more about the Markel Company.[/modal]
These type fixtures are called strap-style because they are made primarily from flat metal bars, like belt straps. What I love about such fixtures is how curvaceous they are. Just lovely to look at. The style was very popular in the 1920s and 1930s, and used in a variety of home styles including bungalows, Arts & Crafts, Spanish-Revival, Colonial-Revival, and Four-squares.
The fixtures retain their distinctive original polychrome. The main color is a deep gold. There are accents of emerald, red, and yellow.
The chandelier retains its original finial, socket rings, chain, and ceiling canopy. The sconces retain their original mounting buttons.
The fixtures have new cloth-covered wiring.
This fixture will be shipped ready to hang, and with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures accept standard base 60W bulbs (not included).
- Each sconce has an on/off switch. As I don’t trust old switches I deactivated these. If this feature is important please contact me.
COLOR: See above.
- The chandelier is 27-inches long, and 18-wide. I can remove up to 2-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- The sconces are 10-3/8-inches high, 7-1/2-inches wide, and they project 4-inches.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The sockets are original (and in fine shape) with new wiring and paper insulators.
- The candle covers are new.
- The polychrome is original and only required some minor touch-ups.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!