I’m very pleased to offer this STUNNING pair of sconces with EAGLES!
Incredible! Dazzling! Rare!
And with their original finish!
I must above all stress the quality of the set. The bowl, for example, would normally be stamped metal. But the bowl on this pair is cast metal! The fluted column below has an outer surface of stamped metal over cast brass. The eagles, finials, and the rings below the bowls are also solid brass.
The sconces are surprisingly heavy and this is always a sign of quality.
Above all though, the sconces are, well, amazing! I love looking at them, and the quality of light they throw off. Please also note how the bottoms of the bowls magically glow when lighted. I love it!
And speaking of magic, the incredible finials are also on/off switches!!!!!!
(The discerning will note that the sconces are more Moderne than Deco.)
Wholly restored and with new sockets and wiring, this set is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixtures each accept one standard base 60W chandelier-type bulb (those torpedo-shaped bulbs).
- The brass has not been lacquered and will brown down in time.
COLOR: The sconces are cream with gold details and polished brass.
SIZE: The fixtures are 14-1/2-inches high, and almost 8-inches wide. The fluted columns are 2-5/8-inches wide and will cover a modern rectangular electrical box (as they do in the pictures). This assumes the box is mounted vertically.
- I love writing this: there’s no damage.
- The finish, as stated, is original. It looks very good with but minor scuffs and wear.
- The porcelain sockets and main wires are new. The short wires leading to the on/off switches are original as are the switches (all in fine shape). The switches could not be replaced as the finials don’t mate with modern switches. I can also easily disconnect the switches if you have a wall switch.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!