I’m very pleased to offer this stunning 1930s fixture by the incomparable Lightolier Company!
The fixture is scaled for a foyer, hall, or small bedroom.
The gorgeous “Golden Glow” glass shade, with an iridescent finish, features striking floral decals.
The wiring is new, and cloth-covered like the original. Nice.
Beginning in the 1920s, and for many decades thereafter, the Lightolier Company (extant today of course) made some of the very finest fixtures. Their designs were always simply dazzling, and the quality was the very very very best. When you restore vintage lights such as I do, these aspects are so obvious they tend to jump out. It’s always a particular pleasure restoring a Lightolier!
When the fixture was made it would have been about twice the price of comparable fixtures by other lighting companies. This premium was for the quality, design, and the Lightolier name. Kinda like the difference between a Chevy and a Rolls-Royce. This premium still applies today.
This fixture is ready to hang, and comes with all the mounting hardware needed!
- The fixture accepts one standard base 60W bulb (not included).
- The brass has been polished but not so much as to remove all the patina.
COLOR: Brass. Golden shade. Purple, orange, green, and yellow flowers.
SIZE: The fixture hangs down about 25-1/2-inches and is 9-inches wide. I can remove up to 6-inches of chain; I can add chain.
- There is a small chip to the bottom edge of the shade. This is hard to see.
- There is a manufacturing irregularity to the shade, a “straw” mark which extends across two raised panels (see last two images). You can see this up close, but the mark is not obvious with the fixture above ones head. This issue is reflected in the price; without the mark the fixture would be $750.
- The socket and wiring are new.
- The canopy was missing when I purchase the fixture. The canopy I used is a close match to the original.
SHIPPING: Insured shipping in the Continental US will be…FREE!